Monday 8 October 2018

Learner response

Not knowing the title of your film prior to opening the presentation is worrying - it’s fine to have a working title or to change it later but this is a pretty critical aspect of the project.
Once the title is up - it needs to work. Not catchy but the concept is solid (although it is basically the breakfast club, which may be tricky).
Presentation is seriously lacking - characters, themed, audience ... tell us something about them! There’s no real impression yet that you’ve actually developd these characters.
Your themes are solid and clearly show some research into the genre.
Comedy element is interesting - it does make up an important sub-genre of coming of age BUT it is notoriously difficult to do.
The Inbetweeners franchise is a perfect example of industry, audience + marketing.
Good point on watershed and ternage comedy.
Theory is week - how do you plan to use stereotypes?
Reinforce? Subvert? 


Concept - 2
Structure - 3
Terminology - 2
Rehearsal - 1 
                ____
                   8



WWW - addressed the point about the watershed and how teenage comedy with a good example of a similar film that was successful.

EBI - should have developed characters further and put more effort into knowing the pitch and timing it better


I think that I will need to redo my statement of intent as I think that it will be very difficult to make a comedy film which everyone finds funny and entertaining and develop my characters. I think if I was to change it I would have some sort of idea about having the streets and typical gang violence, however I would try to make it different by showing the characters normal side when they are with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment